Mar 2021 - Updated Guidelines
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone. In 2020 for the first time in over 250 years, our New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade was canceled due to COVID-19. This year, it’s virtual! Who know what’s next, including new clinical guidelines and treatments.
One highlight! There are now guidelines for COVID-19 vaccinations for cancer patients: patients with active cancer and treatment should be prioritized for vaccination when it is available to them however some cancers (hematopoietic cell transplant) or patients taking cytotoxic treatments requires certain timing (3 months post therapy or until ANC recovery) – check it out!
- 2020 CDC Treatment Guidelines for Gonococcal Infection
- 2020 American College of Rheumatology Guideline for the Management of Gout
- 2020 World Society of Emergency Surgery updated guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute calculus cholecystitis
- 2020 ACC/AHA Guideline for the Management of Patients with Valvular Heart Disease: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines
- 2020 IDSA Guideline on Diagnosis and Management of Babesiosis
- 2021 ACR Consensus Guidelines for Evaluation and Management of Pulmonary Disease in Sjögren’s
- 2020 Joint AAD–NPF Guidelines of care for the management and treatment of psoriasis with topical therapy and alternative medicine modalities for psoriasis severity measures
- 2021 NCCN COVID-19 Vaccination in Cancer Patients Clinical Practice Guidelines
- 2021 Pituitary Society Update to Acromegaly Management Guidelines
These United States and international guidelines were added to the database for being free to view, recognized evidence-based recommendations by major medical groups and organizations, and includes medication therapy.